What We Believe
This is the statement of belief of the ACTS Churches of New Zealand
- One true and living God who eternally exists in three persons in unity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The divine inspiration and authority of the Holy Scripture.
- The original perfection of creation; the inherent corruptness of humanity through the Fall; the necessity of repentance and regeneration by grace and through faith in Christ alone, and the eternal separation from God of the unrepentant.
- The virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death, triumphant resurrection, ascension and continuing intercession on our behalf of our Lord Jesus Christ, His second coming and eternal kingdom reign.
- The justification and sanctification of believers through the finished work of Christ, their security as they remain in Him, and their future resurrection in an incorruptible body.
- Baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper (Communion)
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit for believers, with supernatural signs, empowering the Church for its mission in the world.
- The gifts of the Holy Spirit for the building up of the Church and ministry to the world.
- Christ’s leadership of the Church through the ascension ministries of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers, for the unity, maturity and growth of the Church.
- The privilege and responsibility of wise stewardship of all that God has given, including the practice of tithing to the local church.
- Marriage is ordained by God in Scripture for the exclusive union between one man and one woman, for their mutual help and comfort.